Business in Las Vegas

Did You Know?

Investment Opportunities

Real Estate For Sale

Foreign Investors

EB 5 Green Card Program

Links to Important Information


Contact Us
Office Direct: 702-243-8181
Foreign Investors

LLC and Foreign Investors

An LLC (Limited Liability Company) is the recommended entity for the holding of any long term investment, particularly real estate.  Through the unique structure of the LLC, most specifically the charging order protection, the investor is not only protected from  any potential lawsuit from the tenant but also the property is protected in case the investor would have any unrelated lawsuit.  In other words, if the investor would have a lawsuit due to a business failure or a bankruptcy or divorce, any potential judgment could not force liquidation of the property to meet the settlement.

There are some distinct advantages to the foreign national by utilizing an LLC for their investment property.  Through proper tax reporting, the tax rate drops from 30% to 10%.  The taxes paid in the United States will then be credited against any current tax liability in the home country.  In addition, all foreign investors do need an ITIN number, which is most easily obtained in conjunction with the filing of the tax return.

You will need an EIN# (employer identification number) which can then be used to open up accounts with NV Power and other utilities that are required to maintain the home prior to rental.  The EIN # can also open up a corporate bank account, which makes it much easier for the prospective tenant to pay their rents and for the investor to pay other on-going costs.

We recommend the LLC is set up prior to the purchase of the property.  In this way, the title is put in the name of the LLC and makes it a seamles transition.  The LLC can be set up to hold existing properties through use of a quit claim but this requires much more paperwork, costs and time. 


If no LLC or ITIN #, 30% yearly withheld by Property Management company-can not be recovered.
LLC or ITIN, W9 issued, taxes return due 4/15 on net profit

If no LLC formed, 10% of total sames amount held by Title Company and then needs to be reclamed from IRS (15% capital gain due on net gain.
If LLC formed, tax return to be prepared 4/15 and 15% capital gain due on net gain.

With LLC, protected from personal or business lawsuit.
If no LLC, personally liable for any lawsuit.

Can aply to IRS directly 3-6 months or apply in conjunction with filing of LLC tax return

*Open up LLC prior to purchase of real estate
*Take Title in name of LLC
*Use EIN # (from LLC) to open up bank account
*Prepare tax return yearly. (Cost $300.-$500./year) 

To open an LLC you would need a company name, their legal name and personal contact info, address, phone, fax, email.  the Bank requires two forms of ID, including one with a picture.  If client not in the US, the bank account set up would need to include someone with a social security # on the LLC.

Annual renewal cost is $325. to the Secretary of State in Nevada + an extra charge for your Nevada Resident Agent.
A Nevada State Business License is $200. annually

Vanquish Realty
Arlene Williams - Broker/Owner
A Nevada licensed real estate broker
7473 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
E-mail: lasvegasbroker@cox.net

HomeBusiness in Las VegasDid You Know?Investment OpportunitiesReal Estate For SaleForeign InvestorsEB 5 Green Card ProgramLinks to Important InformationAffiliatesContact Us